Encyclopedias define corporate volunteering as supporting of charity activities by an employer with a voluntary cooperation from the persons who are employed in a given company. For us at Cyfrowy Polsat Group volunteering is associated with joy, support for others, smiles and happiness. Our employees have for years demonstrated a lot of involvement and commitment to volunteering while the Cyfrowy Polsat Group proudly supported them in their efforts.
"As a team, for years we have been involved in actions for those in need – the Noble Box, Santa Claus Courier (Kurier Świętego Mikołaja), Fill in the Backpack, or support for day-to-day operations of POLSAT Foundations are but a few of such actions. In most cases such actions involve the company’s employees, at times with the support of the management boards of the companies from our group. What we are happiest about is that most of these things happen as a result of employees’ one initiatives."Iza Sarzyńska, Senior Promotion and Public Relations Specialist, Anna Suplewska-Kocyło, Senior Public Relations Specialist, the coordinators of corporate volunteering actions at Polkomtel and Cyfrowy Polsat
Volunteering is promoted in our company by the slogan JA+WOLONTARIAT (I+VOLUNTEERING) which of course refers to our nationwide marketing campaign ”Plus. New possibilities”. The campaign gained popularity thanks to “Brawo JA!” (Bravo ME!) slogan which has become a popular catchphrase and part of the colloquial language. We use the strength of the message and its perfect recognition when organizing in-house volunteering actions while at the same time trying to facilitate the integration of the teams from various companies of the Group. We have been inspired by the International Volunteer Day – on that occasion we stressed, in our internal communication, the importance of involvement in social activities and the benefits arising from teamwork.
[GRI 203-1, GRI 203-2]
- During the 2017 summer vacations we once again carried out our “Fill in the Backpack” action. We managed to collect over 2000 various school items and we prepared 30 full sets of school materials and 1 big box with creative materials for a local community day care center for children. Our business partners provided to us over 1 000 attractive gadgets which we also packed into the backpacks.
- In December 2017 360 employees of Cyfrowy Polsat and Polkomtel prepared 141 parcels with Christmas gifts in response to moving letters sent by children to Santa Claus. The value of the gifts was PLN 16 800. The parcels contained gifts for the children from two community day care centers, in Miłki and Biała Rawska. The action was conducted jointly with Przyjaciółka Foundation.
- The employees involved in volunteering activities also participated in Szlachetna Paczka (the Noble Box Project) action. In 2017 the volunteers prepared 43 Noble Boxes with a total value of PLN 6 500. Five families from Warsaw and Łódź received material and financial support.
Corporate volunteering also means active support for the persons under the care of the POLSAT Foundation. In 2017 our employees participated in 3 actions which aided treatment and rehabilitation of ill children.
- In 2017 POLSAT Foundation, while fulfilling its statutory goals, became involved in such activities as repair and renovation works in the Pediatric Ward of the County Health Center in Otwock. What was very important in this action, apart from the major renovation works of the hospital rooms, was the purchase of the equipment which improved the comfort of taking blood samples from small patients. That is why in spring we organized fund raising for the purpose of purchasing a special scanner for location of blood vessels under the skin. Thanks to the involvement of our employees and the support of the Management Boards of Polsat TV, Cyfrowy Polsat and Polkomtel we have been able to achieve our goal and raise PLN 17 500 for the purchase of that device.
- Our Family Picnic, which was organized in Otwock on the occasion of 2017 Child’s Day, also proved a success in terms of the number of participants. The participants of this big family feast could enjoy two concerts which took place in the Municipal Park and they could also buy donation certificates which were sold by volunteers who included the employees of Polsat TV, Cyfrowy Polsat and Polkomtel. The money from the lottery was used to aid ill children as well as for the new equipment for the Pediatric Ward of the County Health Center in Otwock. The concert, which included such stars as Anna Wyszkoni, Kayah, Kamil Bednarek, Urszula, Danzel, or Big Cyc band, was broadcast by Polsat TV.
- We have been able to close the year 2017 with an exceptional initiative of aid for a patient cared for by POLSAT Foundation. Our employees, together with their children and the children attending the School and Kindergarten Complex in Halinów near Warsaw, donated the Christmas decorations they made themselves to help Kuba from Mińsk Mazowiecki who suffers from autism and cerebral palsy. The decorations they made were offered for sale during a Christmas fair held in the offices of Plus and Cyfrowy Polsat. We collected a total of PLN 8 924 for Kuba. It was fantastic news for the boy’s mother who on the date when we were collecting the money learned that her son would have to undergo specialized genetic tests costing PLN 6 000. In this case we were able to realize an ideal scenario of bringing aid to those in need. We could all really feel the magic of Christmas.
There is yet another form of helping others that we readily join every year. It is the donation of 1% of our income tax to treatment and rehabilitation of the patients taken care of by POLSAT Foundation as well as by other foundations which take care of our employees, or their children who suffer from serious illnesses.
Though corporate volunteering is not covered by any formal procedures in Cyfrowy Polsat Capital Group, still we trust that by our joint efforts we can meet many challenges. We have found out many a time that even a small gesture can trigger an avalanche of good. And these are the values that we will believe in!